We at Happyland work together with our families; as it is our goal to provide a foundation needed to encourage each child to identify and express their feelings, to develop skills and find ways to solve problems in a nonviolent manner, and, to love and respect each other as well as themselves.
As these are the formative years of a child’s life, building a solid foundation is so important! Accordingly, some our specific goals are to:
- Make a child’s first experience with school a happy and memorable one.
- Provide a path for holistic development, including: natural, social, emotional, physical, cognitive, spiritual, environmental and humanitarian development.
- Help children learn to work and play independently, dependently and interdependently.
- Provide a setting to develop a collective and holistic identity, encouraging self-identity and positive self-image.
- Offer a rich learning environment filled with many opportunities for problem solving, negotiation and conflict management and resolution.
- Be at ease and confident away from home, to learn to live effectively and affectively with each other; and, to value and respect one’s own rights and those of others.
- Develop a passion for lifelong learning.
We want to offer each child approval which fosters values, help which stimulates ability, respect which encourages self respect and affection which gives security and paves for generosity.